Isn’t this the cutest little gnome? He is the perfect holiday gift or accessory! In this 4-hour class held over two weeks you will learn how to create this adorable little dude.
Here is what you will learn in the class
- Picking up stitches
- basic gnome construction
Skill level required: Advanced beginner knitter – intermediate knitter. Must be comfortable knitting and purling with basic increases and decreases. Also must know how to knit in the round either on DPNs or Magic-Loop
Materials: (please ensure that all materials are purchased prior to the class and yarn is wound into a ball (if purchased as a skein))
- Never not Gnoming pattern by Sarah Schira (pattern is available on Ravelry for $8 CAD). Link to pattern: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/never-not-gnoming
- Any smooth fingering weight yarn (I prefer wool, but feel free to use what you wish)
- Colour 1: approx. 25m (27yd), 7 grams (hat colour)
- Colour 2: approx. 46m (51yd), 15 grams (body and arms)
- Colour 3: approx. 15m (15yd), 4 grams (hands and beard)
- 2.75mm (US 2) and 3mm (US 3) needles either one long needle for knitting magic loop (80cm/32” minimum) OR dpns. Whichever is your preference for small circumference circular knitting.
- Darning needle for sewing in ends
- Stitch markers
Note: the stuffing and pellets (used to give weight the bottom of the gnome) will be provided for each student
Please note, we have implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program for classes, and therefore ask that all students provide proof of vaccination prior to attending the class.